Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Howdy folks. Since I last posted there have been many-a-things going on. For one, I'm starting to speak with a Minnesota/New England Irish Catholic dialect (an interesting mix, I know). Amy is Irish, Catholic, and from Cape Cod. Therefore...pa(r)c the ca(r) in the ha(r)bard ya(r)d. Anywho, on Sunday we went hiking on a trial through the Tetons called Bradley Lake. It was absolutely PERFECT except for Sarah decided to point out that those "soft dirt piles" I'd enjoyed trumping through were actually Moose poop. Lovely. Our bonfire on Saturday kind of failed. We had the brilliant idea to go camping that night until we set up the tent and realized there was no rain guard. Feeling adventurous, we said screw it...until it started to pour...and snow. That's right...SNOW. LAAAAAAME. On the way back, we had a spontanious dance party that lasted all about 5 mins. EPIC.

Last night (as it rained), Tod, Amy, Zach, and I decided to play Disney edition Sorry. Amy won. Then we played BS. I won. Clearly, the extent of a cowboy's talent ends at the barn. After our epic success, more people (Myles, Eric, Laura, Jessica, "Duck," "Tod," etc etc) decided to play the DVD version of Scene It. Surprisingly, cowboys actually know their movies.

We now have two guests staying with us. Guess where they are from?
That's right...GVEGAS

Now here's to my story of the day. I was actually not present for this, but I heard it when we all went to a pizza/bar place. That's right parents, I went to a bar with some cowboys...and sober drove home. Here it goes:
Last year, some of the wranglers (cowboys) put on a "parade." AKA they went through the riding trails pulling/riding mules, using an old plumbing pipe as a batton (they twirled it), and Myles tied shovels to his feet to make stilts. They marched through the riding trails singing and cheering. What was the occasion? Skoal. That's right. Someone was coming back from town with Skoal. Now you know I'm here with some legit cowboys.

Today I came in covered in stain from staining a deck. Marlin said my new nickname was "Spotted horse." Or at least, that was my Indian Name. He then threatened to drop me off at the reservation with the Reds. I'm treated so well here.

More to come later. We're having another bonfire.
F
or, Spotted Horse

1 comment:

  1. Hi findley- sounds like you are having a blast!!! nell sent me your blog site- you will have to check out treys sometime, theeastlands.blogspot.com. i will put you on my link list so we can keep in touch. have a great summer.

    Dana
    ps. shabbyblogs.com has great backgrounds you can use to presonalize your blog :)

    ReplyDelete